Building feminist partnerships across Minnesota campuses
What is College Feminists Connect?
College Feminists Connect is an intern and student led program of the Minnesota Women’s Consortium that seeks to connect women’s resource centers, campus feminist groups, and individual college feminists across the state of Minnesota. It is a student-led, web-based space for discussion centered on women’s issues and provides participants with an opportunity to talk with one another about their organizations, successes and challenges, and shared experiences. In addition, this program also provides networking opportunities among college campuses, alumni, potential employers, internships, and individuals. College Feminists Connect is a truly unique program! No other student led program for college feminists exists in Minnesota.
What does College Feminists Connect do for you?
- Puts you in touch with women’s centers, departments, and groups through an online forum and two yearly networking events.
- Gives you an opportunity to share stories of successful feminist events, suggest speakers, and share resources.
- Provides your group advertising opportunities to draw new and more people to your feminist events.
- Connects you with alumni and feminist professionals who have active experience working for gender equality in a variety of ways.
- Hosts inter-generational discussion groups and events; gain valuable insight for long-term work in achieving equality.
- Gives alumni an opportunity to remain connected to other young feminists and to share their experiences as they navigate the post-college world.
- And develops personal connections with a network of 160 nonprofit organizations working for women’s equality.
Still not convinced? For a first hand experience of the benefits and opportunities College Feminists Connect has to offer active college feminists visit the collective, virtual space at www.collegefeministsconnect.org or write the College Feminists Connect Coordinator.