ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: The MN Women’s Consortium is an association of 150+ women’s organizations around the state working for women’s equality and justice. The work of the Consortium is to connect these groups and individual women to each other.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The MN Women’s Consortium is looking for a self-motivated individual who can assist the organization in its work during the summer months. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing the E-Consortium Notes which is a weekly e-newsletter that informs our members of current issues, opportunities, and jobs.
- Writing articles for the Capitol Bulletin
- Assisting Consortium staff with special projects
- Assisting staff in fundraising, event, and meeting planning including the Annual Meeting on July 11
- Weekly blogging for Equalityquilt.org
- Management of our Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Research topics and issues the Consortium is highlighting for things such as the Women’s Action Plan, Special Newsletter Inserts, or events
- Updating the College Feminist Connect blog and calendar which connects and informs campus feminist groups and Women’s Resource Centers across the state
- Tracking federal and state legislation
- Assist Consortium staff with answering telephones and general office work as well as any special projects that should arise.
Applicants must have a strong, demonstrated commitment to justice and equality for all women and girls. An applicant must be flexible, responsible, and willing to take on new projects.
The Minnesota Women’s Consortium is willing to work with students and their school to provide the supervision needed for students obtaining credits for the work. The position is not stipend. Learn more about the Minnesota Women’s Consortium at www.mnwomen.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
A resume, cover letter, and writing sample are required for consideration. Send these documents to Erin Parrish at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4, 2012.